What you need:
*Â 400 grams spaghetti.
* One tablespoon olive oil.
* 200 grams sliced flat pancetta, cut into strips.
* Two garlic cloves, finely chopped.
* Three eggs, plus one extra yolk.
* 100ml cream.
* Two thirds of a cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus extra to serve.
* Two tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves.
What to do:
Cook pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions. Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat and cook pancetta, stirring, for two to three minutes until beginning to crisp. Add garlic for 30 seconds, then set pan aside.
Place eggs, yolk, cream and Parmesan in a bowl. Season, then mix gently with a fork. Drain pasta, then return to pan. Quickly add egg and pancetta mixtures and parsley. Toss to combine. The heat from the pasta will cook the egg slightly and form a creamy sauce. Serve immediately with extra Parmesan.
* Information obtained from www.taste.com.au.