Often you hear how brilliant and unique Sun City is, but with the new developments and infrastructure integrated into their existing strong brand, we were not surprised to see the incredible entertainment and leisure options on offer.
With that said, here are the five interesting facts about the #NewSunCity
- Did you know that Black Coffee, a well renowned international and award winning DJ, was married in one Sun City’s conference centres?
- Frank Sinatra inaugurated Sun Central on 24 July, 1981, and this entertainment centre is where the South African Hall of Fame is based, which honours South Africa’s outstanding sportspeople and performing artists
- There is more to do than just swimming at the Valley of Waves. For one, we had the privilege of going quad biking in the mountains, where we saw some impalas. We also almost came across a leopard, but, thankfully, we didn’t see the latter.
- Peter Robertson, the Executive Head Chef for Events, Conferences and Sports at Sun City, and his team provided food for the Miss South Africa event that was held there recently. The famous chef took us on tour of the kitchen, and, to our surprise, we made our own starters to go with dinner.
- There is a clinic inside Sun City? Of course there is. I only found this out during our stay.
Two days at the #NewSunCity were not enough to detail everything and there are no words to describe how incredible the place is. It all makes sense as to why they say it’s a “World within a City”. It is indeed!
A World within a City, the new Sun City.
The experience at the new Sun City is truly beyond words. It is captivating in every sense of the word and beyond one’s expectations of a getaway in the North West province. After receiving an amazing, and highly personalised welcome at the Cascades Hotel, you immediately feel the sense of pride and dedication of the staff. Once you have checked in and arrived at your suite, you are left in awe of the amazing panoramic view which you have of the mountain ranges surrounding the resort. At that moment, you truly feel as if you are in another world within a city.
Then there are all the experiences you can enjoy. One being team building. If you are there with a group of colleagues or friends, there are many activities you can take part in that can strengthen your bond and increase the level of trust and understanding you have with one another.
One of the most amazing experiences is the quad bike ride through the reserve! Guided by highly trained and skilled rangers, you see scenic views of nature and wildlife.
After a long day exploring the resort, you can end the evening off with your friends by enjoying some drinks and cool vibes at a nightclub that has a range of entertainment, including pool tables and karaoke. That is, of course, if you don’t want to live it up at the lavish Sun City casino.
Once the night over, you can enjoy the next day by having a soothing spa treatment at the Gatsby Spa. This is a one of a kind experience and I would recommend it to anyone and everyone who visits Sun City and takes part in all the festivities on offer.
All in All, the New Sun City is indeed a ‘World within a City’ and it should be on everyone’s bucket list to experience.