Laser and/or ultrasonic assisted Lipolysis is a revolutionary fat removal technique which allows for faster recovery, less trauma and much finer body contouring results.
It can be successfully used to treat most areas where the body stores fat, which typically involve the following:
• double chin;
• back and bra area;
• flanks – also known as love handles;
• inner and outer thighs;
• abdomen – including pre or post pregnancy; and
The advantages of laser and/or ultrasonic assisted liposuction include:
• Safety – strict protocols must always be adhered to, which ensures optimal safety.
• The question of excess skin – some liposuction techniques can leave loose skin where fat has been removed. With assisted lipolysis, the process stimulates fibroblasts to produce collagen. This causes the skin to tighten and firm to reduce the possibility of excess skin.
• Less downtime – As this procedure is more minimally invasive and does not require a general anaesthetic, it means one can drive to and from the procedure. Most patients are able to work within a few days depending on the patient.
• Minimal to no bruising – as this system uses laser and/or an ultrasound device to melt or liquefy the fat cells, the small blood vessels, which when damaged, lead to bruising are not affected as much. If a person tends to bruise easily, there may be some bruising but it usually resolves within seven to 14 days.
• Lower costs – assisted liposuction is typically less expensive as it does not require general anaesthesia and hence no hospital stay is required.
This type of procedure is ideal for people who have a normal BMI and are not significantly overweight. You should already be maintaining a healthy lifestyle by exercising regularly and eating a healthy diet as this will assist in quicker recovery.
You can feel a difference in the fat volume at the time of the procedure.
As the area heals and remodels, changes will become more and more visible.
The overall result depends on the severity of the area to be treated but dramatic long-term improvements are usually seen from approximately eight weeks post procedure.
Results will continue to improve over the next few months as the fat volume continues to decrease and the skin starts to tighten with final results after four to six months, and some research shows up to a year post-treatment.