These Greek burgers will leave you wanting more (make extras!).
Get the kids to roll the meatballs; this recipe can be fun for the whole family to make.
You will need:
- 75g pitted olives.
- 375g mince.
- 25g fresh breadcrumbs.
- One egg.
- One tablespoon fresh oregano.
- One teaspoon of lemon rind.
- 75g feta cheese, crumbled.
- One tablespoon olive oil.
- Half a cup Greek yoghurt.
- One garlic clove, crushed.
- Four pockets of pita bread.
- 60g baby rocket.
- Two Roma tomatoes, thickly sliced.
- Salt and pepper.
ALSO READ: 30-minute meals: Quick Ratatouille
What to do:
Finely chop the olives. Combine the olives, mince, breadcrumbs, egg, oregano, lemon rind and half the feta in a bowl and season. Shape tablespoons of the mixture into meatballs.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add the meatballs and cook turning occasionally for five to seven minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
Meanwhile, combine the yoghurt, garlic and one tablespoon of warm water in a bowl, season to taste.
Spread the yoghurt mixture inside the pita bread, top with rocket, tomatoes, remaining feta, olives and the meatballs. Drizzle with the remaining yoghurt mixture.
- Information obtained from www.allrecipes.com.